GTEC Directs PRINCOF To Refund 60% Of Feeding Components To Teacher Trainees
The Ghana Tertiary Education Commission(GTEC) has instructed the National Conference of Principals of Colleges of Education to refund 60% of the feeding components to teacher trainees.
According to GTEC, 60% of the feeding components in contention be refunded to the students whilst the remaining 40% is retained by the Principals on account of the extra cost incurred by the Colleges.
It will be recalled that due to the novel covid-19 pandemic, some courses were delivered online, with the students participating from home for the 2021/2022 Colleges Of Education academic year. For that reason, trainee teachers in Levels 200 and 300 had to spend six (6) weeks per semester receiving online tuition. Meanwhile, part of the feeding grants for the period was paid to the Colleges.
The teacher Trainees have requested a refund of the feeding allowances paid to the Colleges for the periods they spent in the house while receiving tuition online.