Summary Of 2023 Budget, Download Here
The Minister Of Finance, Hon. Ken Ofori Atta presented the 2023 Budget Statement and the Economic policy of the Government of Ghana to Parliament on 24th November 2022.
The presentation of the 2023 Budget Statement and Economic Policy by the Finance Minister was on the authority of the President of the Republic of Ghana His Excellency Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and by the requirement under Article 179 of the 1992 Constitution of the Republic of Ghana.
Summary of the 2023 Budget
Summary of the 2023 #budget (Nkabom “Unity Budget) read by the Finance Minister today, 24/11/2022.
- E-Levy reduced from 1.5% to 1%
- VAT increased to 2.5%
- Freeze hiring of civil and public servants
- No government agencies shall be established in 2023
- Reduction of expenditure on appointments including salary freezes together with suspension of certain allowances like housing, utilities, and clothing. etc
- Limited budgetary allocation for the purchase of vehicles.
- A ban on the use of V8s/V6s or its equivalent across-country country travel
- All nonprojectsal projects must be suspended for the 2023 Financial year
- There shall be no hampers in 2022.
- A freeze on new tax waivers for foreign companies and review of tax-exempt tions for the free zone, m, mining, oil, and gas companies.
Download The 2023 Budget Above